How to Run the Christmas Tree Stand
1. If you are on the first shift of the day, try to arrive early to set up.
2. SIGN IN on the schedule sheet. If you don't sign in, you won't get credit. The names printed on the schedule are the only ones authorized to work any given shift UNLESS the shift is short and the Scheduling Chair has asked for volunteers.
3. Make a sale - Scouts should approach all customers with an offer of help and a smile.
4. Collect Money (make sure phone numbers and addresses are on checks; only accept local checks)
5. Enter type of tree sold on the tally sheet in camper. One person should always be with the camper and watch that no one leaves without paying.
6. Ask if customer wants you to cut the bottom off the trunk. (No one under 18 may operate the chainsaw; this is a BSA rule).
7. Wrap the tree in webbing if customer desires.
8. Help customer load and tie tree down on car if needed.
9. Replace tree you sold with a new tree. Keep the stand full.
10. Rotate trees on ground by 1/4 turn every day. (First shift each day is responsible for this.)
11. We do not negotiate prices. If the Troop decides to lower prices, all prices will be lowered.
12. Do not keep too much money in the box right inside the door. If you are very busy and have a lot of cash, call Cheryl Cayer and ask if she can pick it up.
13. Troop families purchasing a tree receive a $10 discount. ONE DISCOUNT PER FAMILY. The Lowery's can have any tree they want for free.
14. All cash donations or tips belong to the Troop.
15. The light at the stand should be left on 24/7. Please make sure it's on when you leave.
16. MAKE SURE ALL HEATERS ARE OFF AND THE PROPANE TANK TURNED OFF WHEN YOU LEAVE.
17. Put rope across the entranceway when you leave. If there is a sawhorse available, put that across the entranceway a little further inside.
18. NO FIRES OF ANY TYPE ARE PERMITTED!!